Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Idea: Using a Bathroom Towel Bar for a Tie Rack

It drives me nuts to think about all of the great style blogs that I don't know about. 

Today, Giuseppe over at An Affordable Wardrobe linked to a blog I had never seen called The Suit Room.

I found a picture on it of the closet of someone named Michael Hainey.  

What struck me most about it was that it appears that he uses a bathroom towel bar for a tie rack on the back of his door:


This is one of those times when I see something that's so obvious that I can't believe I never thought of it myself years ago. I like this idea a lot, because it seems sturdier, cheaper, and capable of holding more ties than a typical wall/door tie rack of comparable length.  It would also make the ties easier to remove, especially if you have three ties per peg on all of your tie racks, as I do. 

I have some unused space on the wall of one of my two closets; I had been thinking of buying another tie rack to put there. Now I'm going to try this instead. I'll report back soon.  

No comments: